The need for experienced Intensivists has never been greater, with CMS reporting that the demand is nearly 129% above the supply. Without the intensivists to treat these critical patients, clinical care will suffer and hospital costs will continue to rise. This is a key challenge for hospitals, with the ICU accounting for 13.3% of all hospital costs.
Support from Experienced Intensivists
Unlike traditional “eICU” models that require high up-front costs and vendor assumption of patient care, SOC physicians support your staff by being available only when needed, offering consultation and guidance to on-site physicians. Our approach to care delivery (and the associated costs) is matched to the needs of each situation.
We deliver exceptional care across the entire critical care spectrum and require no upfront capital investment. Once implemented, the SOC TeleIntensivist program operates at roughly 1/3rd the cost of traditional eICU models, while delivering:
- 24/7 access to board certified, US-trained intensivists, who actively practice in high-performing ICU environments
- Consistent, evidence-based, protocol-driven care across the entire spectrum of patients
- SOC’s physicians support patients anywhere in the hospital – in the ED, PACU, ICU – anywhere
- SMARTRounds® rounding on ICU patients
- Performance data reporting
SMARTRounds® (Safety Management and Recommended Triage) is not traditional rounding nor is it multidisciplinary rounds. Rather it is designed to proactively identify the patient in need as well as to assess the ongoing integrity of care. This unique methodology assesses, evaluates and recommends go-forward treatment strategies. For patients that require additional consults due to more complex diagnoses, a consult is scheduled. A SMARTRounds® session consists of:
- A brief general statement about the patient
- Identification of the chief physiologic failure mode(s) for patient
- A review of work that needs to be assessed on a daily basis, such as appropriate prophylaxis, nutrition, device management, etc.
- An opportunity to solicit or provide help