Every 40 seconds someone in the U.S. has a stroke. It’s the fourth leading cause of death and the number one cause of disability in the country. Lifesaving tissue plasminogen activator (tPA) therapy can greatly enhance positive outcomes, yet only 2-5% of eligible stroke patients receive the drug. Timing and physician expertise are critical factors.
Unfortunately, the national shortage of experienced neurologists makes it difficult—and expensive—to find qualified physicians to offer exceptional 24/7 emergency stroke and other neurology care. As states pass legislation requiring patients to receive stroke treatment only at certified stroke centers, around-the-clock neurology coverage will become even more costly. Without on-call neurologists and stroke center certification, many hospitals will lose the opportunity to treat these patients altogether.
Superior, Cost-Effective Consultations
Specialists On Call is the largest provider of teleneurology care in the world, with over 4,000 patients treated every month and more than 200,000 consultations performed to date. Our teleneurology service delivers:
- 24/7/365 access to board certified, fellowship trained neurologists
- Rapid response – for all acute neurologic cases a video consultation is initiated within 30 minutes of initial contact
- Consistent, evidence-based, protocol-driven care
- Joint Commission-accredited service
- Increased tPA administration rate for qualified stroke patients as compared with national average
- Experienced neurologists with an average of 10 years of clinical experience
- Secure HIPAA- and HITECH-compliant technology
Build a telestroke program. Attract and retain more emergency patients. Ease the burden on your existing specialists. Reduce liability risk. Optimize financial performance. And best of all, enhance patient care.
Over 400 hospitals use SOC to run profitable telemedicine programs.