According to the National Institute of Mental Health, 25% of Americans are afflicted with a mental disorder. As growing numbers of patients present in the emergency department (ED) with behavioral health needs, hospitals are challenged to find qualified clinicians to deliver 24/7 care.
Specialists On Call Alleviates the Burden
As the leading provider of emergency telemedicine consultations in the country, with more than 50,000 psychiatry consultations completed to-date, we offer experienced support for physicians and their patients. Hospitals significantly improve the quality of behavioral health care for their patient populations. Our Psychiatry service delivers:
- 24/7 access to board certified, fellowship trained psychiatrists, in support of both ED and med/surg floor patients
- Consistent, evidence-based, protocol-driven care
- Joint Commission-accredited service
- Complete adherence to state mental health regulations
Helping You Maximize Resources
Behavioral Health care need not pose a challenge to hospital staff. Our Psychiatry service can help:
- Eliminate extended mental illness-based ED boarding
- Expedite time to disposition leading to improved ED throughput
- Assist with medication management to improve throughput
- Increase support and satisfaction of ED, ICU, and medical/surgical nursing staff
- Decrease unnecessary transfers and avoidance of costs, while keeping patients in their communities
- Improve patient satisfaction and core measures
Over 400 hospitals use SOC to run profitable telemedicine programs.